The department of Alumni Affairs & Advancement at Victoria University is pleased to offer this program to the Vic community to support the University’s strategic priority of readying students and recent graduates to flourish in an ever-changing world.
Through consultations with students, alumni, faculty, staff, and other community stakeholders we know that recent graduates are seeking more coaching, information about academic and career pathways and how to prepare successfully for their lives beyond Vic. In other words, recent graduates are looking for guidance and mentorship from someone who has been in their shoes.
Vic alumni have a reputation for being compassionate and community-minded, and have demonstrated their willingness to give back time and time again. This is what makes Vic so special and the perfect place to nurture connections and mentorship between alumni.
Expectations and Time Commitment
The Vic Alumni Mentorship program encourages and expects its participants to:
- Embrace curiosity, mutual learning and collaboration
- Build trust so that conversations take place in a safe and inclusive
- Respect diverse experiences, perspectives and ways of thinking
Our program is designed to be flexible so that Mentors and Mentees can
maintain their balance at work, at school and at home.
- Mentors and Mentees should conduct their meetings by phone call or video call only.
- Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet a total of five times between the months of October 2023 – April 2024.
- Meetings should be scheduled at times that are convenient for both parties and should be no more than 30-45 minutes in length.
More information about the roles and responsibilities associated with
becoming a Mentor or Mentee will be shared with those that are admitted
into the program.
Benefits of Mentorship
Develop your coaching skills and help your Mentee
discover their strengths.
- Expand your professional network through meeting other
alumni and early-career professionals.
- Pay it forward to the next generation by encouraging
their ambitions and demystifying academic and/or career
- Identify and explore your skills, values, goals and questions about "What’s next?" in a supportive space.
- Practice and improve your communication skills.
- Learn from the vast professional and personal experience
found in the Vic Alumni Network.
Interested in Participating? Here are your Next Steps:
Step 1: Apply to become a Mentor or Alumni Mentee
Apply to become an Alumni Mentor
Apply to become a
Graduates from the following years are invited to apply to the Mentorship
Program: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023
After you have completed your application form, a representative from Alumni Affairs & Advancement will follow up with you to discuss your application and the program in more detail.
Have questions or comments about the program? If so, please contact:
Mentorship Coordinator & Alumni Liaison
Alumni Affairs & Advancement
, Victoria University in the University of Toronto
We appreciate your interest in the program and strong support of
the Victoria University community!